Beginning Hand Embroidery
This is a 4-hour class that will teach you the basic stitches and how to get started on an embroidery project. Pattie will supply linen fabric with a pre-printed sampler pattern that will incorporate the basic stitches in the five stitch groups. Then we will discuss how to care for your embroidery and how to frame and finish the sampler. There will be a lot of discussion on how to use the stitches you have learned and you will go home with a pretty sampler to hang on the wall.
Teens 13 and up are welcome to take this class.
Kids 8-12 are welcome in this class with an accompanying adult.
You will learn the following stitches:
- Straight stitches: running stitch, backstitch, and outline stitch
- Looped stitches: chain stitch, lazy daisy, and buttonhole
- Fill stitches: satin stitch
- Crossed stitches: star stitch
- Knot stitches: French Knot
click here for --> Supply List