This unisex sweater comes in sizes from newborn to 4XL. Choose a size from infant to adult and knit a whole sweater during the class. (Note that the larger the sweater, the more homework you will have to complete between classes! If you are concerned about keeping up, choose a baby/toddler size.)
You should be able to cast on, knit and purl confidently, and make basic increases and decreases. Previous experience knitting in the round and cable knitting is not required.
While making this sweater you will master the following skills:
- We’ll learn a lot about reading a pattern! There are some tips to make this easier.
- The sleeves are knit in the round, so you can use double pointed needles, magic loop or two circulars – we’ll cover all three methods in class, so pick the one you want to try
- The sleeves and body are knit from the bottom up and joined at the yoke
- The yoke has a simple but attractive cable pattern
- Button bands are picked up from the cardigan edges and knit last
- Underarm seams are grafted (Kitchener stitch)
|Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 11:00 am to 1:00 pm|
Sun, Jan 23, 2022 at 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
Sun, Feb 6, 2022 at 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
|Add to Wait List|