Embroidery & Patchwork Revisited - An Illustrated Guide to Hand Stitching
[Janice Vaine - Landauer Publishing]
Inspired by antique quilts, Jan Vaine’s new book is a must-have for everyone who admires the timeless beauty of hand embroidery. Beginning with “In the Classroom with Jan,” teacher, author and embroidery expert Jan Vaine walks you step-by-step through all you need to know.
- Patchwork block templates
- Supplies and techniques
- Illustrations for each of the 16 basic stitches
- Small practice projects
- Patterns for blocks, stitch combinations and embroidery motifs
- Spectacular quilt projects clearly show how embroidery enhances appliqué and complements curved and straight-edged piecing in a way that’s both orderly and engaging.
Prepared with precision for all skill levels.
- 128 pages
- Basic stitches beautifully illustrated
- Filled with design ideas and stitch patterns
- Small and large projects
- Ideas and inspiration for all hand stitchers