Boxy Lace Tee Pattern
Boxy Lace Tee Pattern by Churchmouse Yarns
We like the juxtaposition of a modern, boxy shape and feminine lace motifs knit on a slightly grand scale. With shaped shoulders, a gently dipping neckline, and options for two different lengths, this lacy top is so easy to pop on, and feels both comfy and really pretty.
Finished Sizes [Sizes: S (M, L, XL). Details given for S; larger sizes in parentheses ().]
- Finished bust: 45 (52, 59, 66)"/114 (132, 150, 168)cm.
- To fit bust: 28–32 (34–38, 40–44, 46–50)"/71–81 (86–97, 102–112, 117–127)cm.
- With approx. ease: 13-17 (14-18, 15-19, 16-20)"/33-43 (35.5-45.5, 38-48, 41-51)cm.
- Finished lengths: Measured from high shoulder (where shoulder meets neck) to bottom edge.
- Short version: 19½ (19¾, 20, 20¼)"/49.5 (50, 51, 51.5)cm.
- Long version: 27¼ (27½, 27¾, 28)"/69 (69.5, 70.5, 71)cm.
- Short version: Approx. 680 (790, 910, 1030) yds/622 (722, 832, 942)m of DK-weight yarn. Shown in pink. Model is wearing size S with 13"/33cm bust ease.
- Long version: Approx. 985 (1150, 1310, 1480) yds/900 (1052, 1198, 1353)m of DK-weight yarn. Shown in brown. Model is wearing size M with 17"/43cm bust ease.
- US 6 (4mm) 24"/60cm circular needle, or size to get gauge.
- US 4 (3.5mm) 16"/40cm circular needle, or two sizes smaller than gauge needle.
- 4 stitch markers.
- 20 locking markers.
- 4 spare circular needles (gauge size or smaller), so you can knit off of needle from either end; or you can use waste yarn.
- Darning needle to finish.
The simple lace motifs in this pattern work well with a wide variety of yarns. Just be sure to swatch before starting your project. Although swatching in a lace pattern takes a bit more effort, you'll find that it gives you the chance to become more comfortable reading through the pattern and chart–well worth the time!
When working with lace patterns, we like to use needles with long, tapered tips to help with decreases. And because it can be easy to miss an increase or decrease, we like to count our stitches often to make sure we're still on track.